Sunday, June 6, 2010

Chemo starting tomorrow.

After meeting with the Doctor on Thursday for the 2nd opinion, it was concluded that we will start my next round (round 6) on Monday, June 7th. He thinks my counts are high enough and we should not wait any longer because it gives any possible remaining cancer too much of a chance to grow. He also suggested several changes to the type and dosage of Chemo. He called my doctor and discussed all of this and they both agreed on the changes. The meeting left me scared because the Doctor emphasised concern about the small remaining residual amount of cancer that showed up from in my bone marrow after round 4. His conclusion was to do another bone marrow test after this next round and if that shows any residual trace of cancer, I should start planing for a bone marrow transplant. However, there is a good chance that no cancer will show up with that test. Then, I would continue with round 7 and 8 as scheduled and be finished with my treatment.


No comments:

Post a Comment