Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bone marrow test tomorrow.

Well, it's already been 27 days since the donor cells were transplanted into me. So, tomorrow I will have the first of 4 bone marrow aspirations to test and see how well the engraftment is working and also to check if there are any remaining residual deseased cells. The doctors today said all of my blood test show all of my organs are working strong and normally and my blood counts are very good. They said I am doing quite well. I do have some mild skin rashes on my arms that could be some mild GVHD (graft vs host desease). It is expected that I will get some GVHD at some point, and this is good because it helps fight off any possible remaining bad cells.
I am still rather weak and tired most of the time. For example; I get up and walk for 15 minutes, then need to take a nap for an hour. But I am feeling better each day. I am on IV fluids at home all day that I administer myself with a pump they gave me.

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment