Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday update.

Saw the Dr and they checked my blood counts today. My blood cell counts are finally starting to improve a bit, but still low. The Dr said it's enough though, to schedule the next round of Chemo. They'll check me again Wedndesday. If thing are still looking good, then I'll start a 3-day in-patient chemo treatment on Monday of next week. They could start Saturday but he said things are coordiated better on weekdays and so it's better to wait 'till Monday. Before starting Monday, the Dr. will perform the Intrathecal Cytarabine. This basically means they insert a big needle in my spinal cord inject Chemo. He assures me it's a quick procedure that is not painfull and the only side affect should be a little headache. Well - we'll see!

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment